Friday, February 3, 2012

What I would do with an extra 24 hours...

You've said it. We've said it. Everyone's said it. "If I only had an extra 24 hours I could learn to..."

Well stop dreaming and start enjoying because, thanks to the switch over to the Gregorian calendar 430 years ago, you now have that extra day. It's called Leap Year. So, what will you do with it?

We encourage everyone to take time right now to write your "Leap Learning List". Yes...WRITE IT DOWN NOW! It's quite simple. But to do it effectively you should focus on four key categories that we've pulled from Stephen R. Covey's book, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People:
  1. Physical
  2. Social/Emotional
  3. Mental
  4. Spiritual
To help you out, just fill in the following blank: On February 29th I will learn to _______.

Here are some examples:
1. Physical: On February 29th I will learn to improve my diet by finding online resources to educate me and help me set a plan.

2. Social: On February 29th I will learn to improve my relationships with others by studying this great blog (http://bit.ly/16rzxV) and by instituting 10 of the principles.

3. Mental: On February 29th I will learn to use WordPress by watching an online course at Lynda.com (http://bit.ly/fcxRfq).

4. Spiritual: On February 29th I will learn to live with purpose by creating or reviewing my personal mission statement here: http://bit.ly/Ce5mb.

With an extra 24 hours think of all of the new things you can learn! At midnight on February 29th go back to your list and see what new things you've learned. If you do it as we've said, you will have learned one thing for sure... That you can accomplish anything you set your mind to.

So, what will you do with YOUR extra 24 hours?

No comments:

Post a Comment